Frequently Asked Questions.
Q1: Is it okay to submit the same project that has been previously submitted to other competitions?
A: The participants can submit their projects that have been previously submitted to other competitions.
Q2: Is there a specific approach or place for the proposal?
A: The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program. Listed below are some highlighted issues that the jury will pay attention to: ● a properly indicated architectural, social, or environmental issue to solve ● an accurate analysis of the selected issue ● a properly chosen solution that “reacts” to the indicated issue. More information is available in the Competition Brief.
Q3: Is there a specified site or area for the project? Is there a scale limit, size limit or particular program?
A: The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program.
Q4: I received the registration number. Is that the only thing I needed for registration, without knowing my team members’ names?
A: The project submission must contain the three following files:
1. One board 24” (h) X 48” (w):
● Named according to the registration number (e.g., “0227.jpg”).
● Saved as a JPG file in RGB mode, in horizontal format with 150 dpi.
● The size of the JPG file should be less than 10 MB.
● In the upper right corner, the registration number must be included.
● This is an anonymous competition.
● The registration number must be the only form of identification.
2. A DOC file with the project statement (up to 500 words):
● Named according to the registration number (e.g., “0227-statement.doc”).
3. A DOC file with the participants’ personal information:
● Named according to the registration number (e.g., “0227-team.doc”).
● It should include name, profession, address, and email.
● In the case of a team, a team representative must be indicated.
More information is available in the Competition Brief.
Q5: Is video format allowed in the submission?
A: Video formats will not be accepted. Please check the Competition Brief which contains a list of three required elements of submissions.
Q6: Reference to the captioned subject kindly clarify if the competition entries are limited to building design or if a wider range of entries is acceptable such as industrial design objects, mobility etc.
A: The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments. The subject of the competition is architectural, design, or technological solutions that are capable of dynamic interaction with their surroundings. We strongly encourage the participants to look for the solutions not only in the definition of the “building” itself, but foremost to present the interdisciplinary approach which takes benefits from disciplines such as robotics, mechanics, digital fabrication, biodesign and biofabrication, computational design, materials science, bioarchitecture, social sciences, industrial design, mobility. We avoid applying too many design constraints on the participants. The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program.
If you have questions about the competition, please contact us: email@example.com. If you haven’t received our reply, your inquiry may not have reached us for technical reasons. In this case, please contact us again via our social media. We answer inquiries within two business days.